Taras Natyshak MPP, Essex

Government of Ontario

Retirement and Pensions

I’m nearing retirement and want to apply for my pension. Who do I call?

Almost all of today’s seniors receive income from Canada’s Public Pensions. Basic financial support is also available to survivors and to people who become too disabled to work and their children. Income Security Programs delivers these pensions and benefits through the Old Age Security (OAS) program and the Canada Pension Plan (CPP).Together, the OAS and CPP provide a modest base upon which Canadians can build their retirement income. For application forms and more information, visit the Social Development Canada website.