Congratulatory Scrolls and Certificates
Someone special to me is celebrating an anniversary or birthday. How do I get a congratulatory scroll?
Representatives of the different levels and branches of government will send special congratulatory messages and/or certificates to people celebrating significant birthdays, wedding anniversaries or other events. If you or someone you know will soon be celebrating a special birthday or anniversary, or commemorating a special event, you can request special greetings by calling Taras’ constituency office at 519-776-6420 or 1-800-265-3909 (NOTE: the recipient or requestor must live in the riding of ESSEX, and scroll requests will only be processed if the recipient lives in Ontario).
Here are the criteria:
The Queen will send a congratulatory letter on:
- a 60th wedding anniversary and all subsequent anniversaries
- a 100th birthday and all subsequent birthdays
Requests for the Queen’s greetings must be submitted at least three months in advance and they require proof of date of birth or marriage, whichever is applicable (a copy of the birth or marriage certificate is sufficient).
The Governor General will send a congratulatory letter on:
- a 50th wedding anniversary and at subsequent five year intervals
- a 90th birthday and at subsequent five year intervals
Requests for the Governor General’s greetings should be sent at least three months in advance.
The Prime Minister will send a congratulatory letter on:
- 25th to 50th wedding anniversaries in five year intervals
- 65th and 70th birthdays
On a 50th wedding anniversary or 75th birthday the Prime Minister will send a special congratulatory certificate. Requests for the Prime Minister’s greetings should be sent at least two months in advance.
The Premier of Ontario will send a congratulatory letter to current Ontario residents on:
- a 40th wedding anniversary and any subsequent anniversary
- an 80th birthday and any subsequent birthday
Please note that congratulatory letters will not be issued more than once every five years. Requests for the Premier’s greetings should be submitted at least two months in advance.
Taras Natyshak your MPP for ESSEX, will send a greeting to a resident of the riding of ESSEX
- 65th to 90th birthday in 5 year intervals
- 25th to 50th wedding anniversaries in 5 year intervals.
- Any other celebratory occasion (retirement, achievements)
Please submit your request as early as possible.