1. How do I get a birth, marriage or death certificate?

Births, deaths and marriages are recorded by the province through the Office of the Registrar General. For applications and further information, visit the
Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services website. However, if you require emergency service, contact the constituency office for help.

2. How do I get or replace a health card?

The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care provides information on how to get or replace a health card. When applying for a new health card, you must bring three (3) original documents to prove citizenship/immigration status, residency in Ontario and identity. For more information, visit the Ministry of Health’s OHIP factsheet for more details on health cards and OHIP.

3. Where can I find information about the Ontario Drive Clean program?

The Drive Clean Program is managed by the Ministry of Environment. Visit the
Ontario Drive Clean website for more details.

4. How do I apply for a student loan (OSAP)?

The Ontario Student Assistance Plan is run by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities. For more information on the program, to apply or check the status of your application, visit the OSAP website.

5. How do I apply for Affordable Housing?

The subsidized housing program is operated by Central Housing Registry, which helps low- to moderate income families, seniors and individuals obtain social houses applicants in affordable housing on a rent-geared-to-income basis.  For applications and further information, contact 519-254-6994

6. How do I get or replace a passport?

Passport Canada is responsible for issuing Canadian passports. For more information, visit the Passport Canada website.

 7. How do I get or replace a SIN (social insurance number) card?

Social Development Canada is responsible for issuing social insurance numbers. Visit the SDC SIN card info page for more information.

8. Where can I find information about summer jobs and other employment opportunities for youth and students?

The Youth Opportunities Ontario program is operated by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and provides information on summer employment programs, business start-up services, apprenticeships and workers’ rights. Visit the Youth Opportunities Ontario website for more details.

9. I’m nearing retirement and want to apply for my pension. Who do I call?

Almost all of today’s seniors receive income from Canada’s Public Pensions. Basic financial support is also available to survivors and to people who become too disabled to work and their children. Income Security Programs delivers these pensions and benefits through the Old Age Security (OAS) program and the Canada Pension Plan (CPP).Together, the OAS and CPP provide a modest base upon which Canadians can build their retirement income. For application forms and more information, visit the Social Development Canada website.

10. What is the Legislative Page Program and how do I apply?

Legislative Pages are the grade seven and grade eight students who work in the Legislative Chamber of the Provincial Parliament in Toronto. They serve a Term of Duty of three to six weeks and are granted a leave of absence from school during that time. Pages participate in the legislative process, act as messengers in the Legislative Chamber, meet with politicians and officials, learn how laws are made and how the Province of Ontario is governed. For application information, visit the Legislative Assembly of Ontario Website for more details.